Saturday 24 November 2012

Brighton I love you, but you're bringing me down

I don't know what it is that makes me feel not quite at home here, Church-wise I'm more settled than I ever was in Reading, The people are lovely, I'm always busy, always stuck in. I have friends, a job, and all the home comforts I got used to in Reading, including my little saxo, but something's missing.

I don't know what it is.

I think its the phenomenon where you can be in a crowded room but still feel so alone, Brighton's so busy, it's so easy to get caught up with things but not only do I not know what's going on with my friends back home, but I don't know what's going on with people here. I have people who care about me and want to be there for me but I have a tendency to shut them out. On the back of my last blog, 4 people said to me that I don't need to be alone and that they'd come with me if that was what I wanted, and not because they felt they had to but because they wantedto, which really means a lot. But despite this I feel like I'm inwardly screaming but no-one knows. I don't know why I'm finding this winter tougher than normal, I guess it's so easy to get homesick this time of year,

I love Brighton, but I can't help but feel down

XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment