Sunday 18 November 2012

It's Sunday morning and I would kill for the chance to drive

Since I was a kid, whenever I've gotten upset about things, I've always wanted to run, I even packed a bag once and walked down the road, but I only got halfway down before I turned back. I never want to go, I just want to get away. Last year, I got upset about my housing situation, it was exam time and I was stressing so much over everything, so I walked away, I walked all the way up the hill and sat outside our new house just dreaming of something a little better than this.
Tonight, I craved some greasy food, so I went up to the McDonalds drive-thru and then it came to driving home. I didn't want to go home so I drove 10 miles up the road to Worthing, all down the coast road. You see, I never know where I want to go when I do this kind of thing but I tend to go to something I've been thinking of, like the new house. I'd seen a picture of Worthing pier earlier in the day and that was enough to draw me to it. Some things that I observed:


  1. The coast really isn't as scenic when you properly get out of Brighton
  2. People get really annoyed with you driving the speed limit when it's the middle of the night
  3. Sussex council really don't give much notice for road closures
  4. Closing the A27 really isn't a good idea, even if it is 3am
  5. Hollingbury at night feels like the scene of a horror movie when it's silent and you're alone. And next to a run-down old bus stop
  6. Police eye you up when you're driving around alone on a Saturday night
No matter where I go, no matter how much i want to escape, I always end up coming back

XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment